Welcome to my recovery. If you have been a follower of my blog and book Save-My-Life School: A first responder’s mental health journey, you will know that my mental health journey is ever evolving. My new podcast BrainStorm will take you even deeper into the mind of someone (me) coping daily with the darkness and difficulties of PTSD, depression and addiction. I will share raw experiences and opinions, as well as new treatment information I learn about along the way.
In this episode I share:
- Remembering the late band member, Chester Bennington from Linkin Park,
- Thoughts about a past radio interview with him,
- The “Layers” of my depression,
- Ideas on how to react appropriately when we feel uncomfortable with talk about mental illness,
- How I feel that suicide is not selfish,
- …and more