When did it become a competition as to who has worse mental health and who deserves help more?
These are photos from a post made about my daughter. Stigma is still alive and well – sadly.
This person is sick too and deserves help. But hate doesn’t need to be spread – no matter what.
Lessons I have learned over my recovery:
1. People who spread hate are hurting and need help and compassion – but that doesn’t condone their actions.
2. You are allowed to make healthy boundaries. You can always send love from afar.
3. It’s ok to take space and not reply to posts right away – that doesn’t mean you don’t appreciate and value them.
4. You will never please everyone.
5. Resentments only make pain worse. Forgiveness takes strength and brings peace.