I am happy to announce that I will be writing a new book. And I would love your help. It will be called “Putting The Hero On Ice”, and will describe my personal experience with ”phases” through PTSD recovery to post traumatic growth. Below is a very rough list of those phases that I compiled with some friends who have been diagnosed with PTSD as well. I would love it if you could email (firstname.lastname@example.org) me with testimonies about your direct or indirect experiences with these phases. Please only share if you are willing to have your testimony published.
*One of the main components of my upcoming book will be highlighting the fact that PTSD recovery is not fluid or ‘curable’ for everyone.
In a paragraph or even a small quote, can you elaborate on your experiences with any of the following:
6. Depression/physical pain from depression
7. Lack of empathy/concern for the world
8. Rollercoaster of emotions (progress to regression)
10. Learning what PTSD is
11. Trying to return to work (if applicable)
14. Realizing that you won’t be able to return to work
17. Sanctuary trauma
18. Reaching out/accepting help
19. Forming a new tribe
20. Ego realization
21. Relapse (this can be anything- however YOU define it)
23. Acceptance of diagnosis
24. Accepting who you are without your career
25. Finding purpose
26. Helping others
29. Post traumatic growth
30. No regrets
It’s a long list; which makes me realize how difficult it is to battle with/recover from PTSD. The book will solely be about anecdotal experiences – it is not intended to be clinical in nature.
Thank you so much for your help!